Earlier in the year we told you the story of Richard Smith, who had inadvertently purchased a fake TaylorMade R11 3 wood, leaving him distraught that he had wasted his hard earned money on a cheap fake! Read the full story here in our ‘BUYER BEWARE - FAKE GOLF EQUIPMENT’ story.
The rise in popularity of the internet has unfortunately helped the makers of counterfeit golf equipment, with hundreds of websites now live, selling cheap counterfeit golf equipment to unsuspecting golfers all over the world. BREAKING NEWS
- The golf industry is fighting back! Callaway, Titleist, TaylorMade, Mizuno, Cleveland and a host of other top manufacturers have all united to shut these fake websites down! This ‘Keep Golf Real’
organisation has recently succeeded in shutting down 62 websites that were involved in selling counterfeit golf equipment, which is a great start, but with new fake websites springing up every day it really is still a case of buyer beware! In 2011 alone, over 80,000 pieces of counterfeit golf equipment were seized – don’t be the next victim!So how do you avoid making an expensive mistake and buying a fake golf club?
- ONLY BUY FROM AN AUTHORISED RETAILER - Direct Golf UK holds fully authorised accounts with all of the major manufactures and we therefore only supply genuine products that come with the full warranty as well as Direct Golf UK’s famous after-sales service and customer care. This is the only way you can 100% guarantee that the product you are spending your hard earned money on is genuine.
- CONTACT US – By law, all retailers’ websites must display contact details, including a phone number and address. If the company does not show these details then they have something to hide, so beware!
- LOCATION – If the equipment is being shipped from China then there is a very high chance that it is fake – FACT! Direct Golf UK has been delivering phenomenal service and genuine products for over 20 years from our main headquarters in Huddersfield and throughout our nationwide stores – BUY BRITISH, BUY FROM DIRECT GOLF UK!
- AUCTION WEBSITES – There are reputable dealers on auction websites such as Ebay and Gumtree etc but beware as it can be much harder to determine the credentials of your seller and therefore the authenticity of the product you are buying. Recently, Ebay uncovered one of the largest counterfeiting operations where over 96,000 fake golf clubs had been sold to unsuspecting customers! A recent survey also showed that 24% of all golf clubs sold on Ebay were FAKE!
- TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE? – There is no hard and fast rule on price, more a common sense approach. If the latest and greatest driver has just gone on sale and one website seems to be selling it vastly cheaper than anywhere else, ask yourself why?
THE SIMPLE RULE TO AVOID FAKE EQUIPMENT.... SHOP WITH DIRECT GOLF UK....BUY DIRECT, SAVE £££’S AND GET THE REAL DEAL!
Read more customer experiences |
Return to Latest golf News